Do vaporizer harm your health?
Recently we have been hearing more and more reports about the death of some vapers caused by illegally produced cartridges for concentrates or e-liquids. It is important to know that vaporizers are primarily herbal vaporizers. The principle of operation is different from that of an e-cigarette.
In the cartridges in question were impurities and diluents which led to such extreme problems for consumers. We generally advise against buying concentrates on the black market.
The official statement by Storz and Bickel:
"Recent reports of lung disease associated with vaping products are causing concern to many vaporizer users. While the exact cause of these diseases is not yet known, it appears that all significant incidents are associated with the use of illegally manufactured vaping cartridges containing vitamin E acetate. This means that the currently known cases are exclusively related to the evaporation of liquids and e-liquids.
We hereby assure our customers that no STORZ & BICKEL evaporators were involved in any of the incidents. The safety of our customers and patients is our top priority.
STORZ & BICKEL is proud to be the only manufacturer to produce and internationally distribute medical cannabis vaporizers. All our evaporators are subject to several quality controls and are regularly inspected by external authorities for quality and performance. Our 20 years of experience in the industry and our high quality standards have made our evaporators the most powerful and reliable in the industry.
Our units are herbal vaporizer designed to heat plant material through precise temperature control to efficiently release active ingredients without producing combustion pollutants. We encourage our customers to use only legal and proven substances in our vaporizer."
Vaporizers have several advantages over traditional smoking methods when it comes to consuming herbs. Here are a few:
- Health benefits: Vaporizing herbs produces vapor instead of smoke, which eliminates the harmful toxins and carcinogens that are created when smoking. As a result, using a vaporizer can be less harmful to your lungs and overall health.
- Better taste and flavor: Vaporizing herbs preserves the flavors and aromas of the herbs much better than smoking, as the heat used in vaporizing is gentler and more precise. This can make the experience of consuming herbs more enjoyable and flavorful.
- Efficiency: Vaporizing herbs can be more efficient than smoking, as less herb is required to achieve the desired effect. This is because vaporizing releases the active compounds in the herb more efficiently than smoking, which can burn some of the herb without releasing its full potency.
- Cost savings: Because vaporizing requires less herb to achieve the same effect, it can be a more cost-effective way to consume herbs over time.
- Convenience: Vaporizers are often smaller and more portable than traditional smoking devices, making them easier to use on the go or in public settings.
- Overall, vaporizing herbs can provide a safer, more efficient, and more enjoyable way to consume herbs than traditional smoking methods.
Background and sources:
- Vapers Guru - death by e-cigarette in the USA
- Statement by Andrew Jones, Connoisseur Concentrates
Of course, any electronic device should be operated with common sense and cleaned regularly. We have written a guide for you.
Don't be fooled and buy from your retailer and not from Ebay or Amazon!