DAVINCI MIQRO - the perfect vaporizer for microdosing (also available as Explorer's Collection)
The MIQRO is one of the smallest battery-powered vaporizers on the market yet offers all the essential features one would expect from a portable vaporizer. The MIQRO is so small that it disappears completely in the palm of your hand. Overall, it is about 30% smaller and 40% lighter than his big brother the DAVINCI IQ.
- Features & Overview
- Video from the manufacturer
- Heat up time & temperature levels
- Bowl size & draw resistance
- How it works
- Cleaning & Maintenance
- What is in the box?
The features and specifications of the MIQRO in a nutshell:
|Build materials||Zirconium, ceramics, aluminum|
|Features||Smart Path, zirconium vapor path, boost function|
|Adjustable temperature||Yes, 4 Smart Paths, single degree adjustment possible|
|Auto power off||Yes, after 2 minutes|
|Heat up time||Approx. 45 Seconds|
|Uptime||Approx. 20 - 30 minutes (depending on the temperature)|
|Charging Time||60 - 120 minutes|
|Battery Life||18350 replaceable battery with 900 mAh capacity|
|Bowl size||Adjustable from approx. 0.2 to approx. 0.4 grams|
|Diameters||Height: 8 cm, Width: 3.4 cm, Depth: 2,5 cm|
|Weight||74 Gramm (without battery)|
|Warranty||5 years from the manufacturer / 2 years at Verdampftnochmal|
MIQRO Vaporizer presentation by DAVINCI:
Processing of the MIQRO:
DAVINCI has put a lot of emphasis on high quality workmanship and a keen eye for detail. The MIQRO has an anodised aluminum housing. It is sturdy and beautifully made. Everything feels high quality and fits together perfectly. Greatly processed lighted knobs with very good pressure point. Magnetic lids that are easy to open, but stay put when not needed. The vapor path in the MIQRO is made of zirconium (ceramics). The ball, the chamber, the airpath and the mouthpiece are all made of this material. It is easy to clean and provides a very good taste for a conduction vaporizer. The DAVINCI MIQRO comes with two mouthpieces. The flat mouthpiece lends itself well to discretion. The widened mouthpiece cooles the vapor slightly better and can be used together with a 10mm water filter.
Heat up time and temperature levels:
The MIQRO will be ready in approximately 40 to 50 seconds. That's like average. Some other portable devices, such as the Pax 3, are in the range of 20 to 25 seconds. The main advantage of slow heating is improved taste of the herbs. The heating element is not as strong as the one from the IQ. We preferred the highest temperature level in our tests, especially when we wanted a lot of vapor. We recommend to stir the herbs especially at the end of the session to get the best results. You can use the poke from the device (located next to the removable zirconium heating path). This vaporizer is not a cloud chasers device. It is developed as a solo vaporizer for microdosing. This does not mean that the MIQRO is weak. For the size of the device we are very satisfied with the vapor production. It is important for good vapor production to press the herbs and not pack them loosely. The oven pearl on the chamber can be screwed out or in if necessary. This shrinks or enlarges the chamber. So everyone can adjust for themselves to the preferred size.
Temperature options: The DAVINCI MIQRO has a full temperature range of 149 ° C - 221 ° C, Smart Path technology, Boost mode and Standby mode.
Smarth Path Technology: In this mode 4 temperature levels can be selected. Each stage has a fixed temperature range which changes by about 10 degrees during the session. The device starts at the lower end of the spectrum and gradually raises the temperature to the upper end of the spectrum during the 5-minute session. The temperature ranges for each smart path are given below. We've used Smart Path 2 and 3 most for Taste and 4 for the effect.
- Smart Path 1 = 177° C - 188° C
- Smart Path 2 = 188° C - 199° C
- Smart Path 3 = 199° C - 210° C
- Smart Path 4 = 210° C - 221° C
Boost mode: quickly raises the temperature to maximum and keeps it as long as the on / off button is pressed.
Standby mode: cools down the vaporizer quickly, saving both taste and battery life. The unit will automatically turn off when it is in standby mode for 2 minutes.
Bowl size & draw resistance:
We could pack about 0.25 g of herbs into the chamber. With adjusted pearl we packed little less about 0,15g. The more herbs are filled into the chamber, the more vapor is produced. Experiment yourself to find the size and quantity that suits you.
Draw Resistance - In our tests, we found that the MIQRO, when clean, has lower draw resistance than pretty much any other portable device in this price range. The draft resistance increases as soon as more than 5 sessions have been vaporized. For best results, we recommend cleaning all parts after about 6-10 sessions. How the device performs depends very much depends on the herbs, the type of filling, and the degree of contamination.
DAVINCI MIQRO Manual:
- Getting started: Open the bottom lid & fully load ground material, packing tightly before closing.
- Buttons: Click Control Button 5x & the MIQRO will power up in Smart Path Mode. Click once to switch heating modes or 5x to power off.
- Use up/down buttons to change Smart Paths or temperature, depending on mode.
- Smart Path Mode: The MIQRO features 4 Smart Heating Paths that offer a range of unique vaporizer experiences. Switch between Smart Paths by pressing up/down buttons while in Smart Path Mode.
- Precision Mode: heats your material to a specific temperature. Click the control button to switch modes. Increase temperature by pressing the top button or decrease temperature by pressing the bottom button. The MIQRO will quickly flash temperature and vibrate when set temperature is reached.
- Boost: Press and hold control button to activate Boost Mode, holding to stay at max. temperature.
- Standby: Release to engage Standby mode which conserve material and battery life. Press any button on MIQRO to resume your previos temperature and mode. After 2 minutes in Standby the device will turn off.
- Stealth Mode: To dim, click Control and Don buttons together once. To adjust back to full brightness, click Control and Up buttons together once.
- Temperature Display: Toggle between Fahrenheit and Celsius by clicking all 3 buttons at once. MIQRO will remember which selection is chosen.
- Battery Life: Press the Up and Down button together to check the battery life. MIQRO will vibrate when 10% remains.
- Temp Check: TO check Temp in Smart Path Mode, press Control Button once.
- Factory Reset: While device is turned off, press all 3 buttons and hold for 10 Seconds.
Battery Specifications: The device uses a rechargeable 18350 battery with 900 mAh of power. There is a second battery in the Explorer's Collection.
Battery life: So far, we have reached an average of about 30 minutes of use per full battery. The MIQRO is not a vaporizer for someone who enjoys regular home sessions at regular intervals. This is the perfect vaporizer for times when discretion is needed or there is little room for larger devices.
Charging times: The supplied USB cable allows a dead battery to fully charge within 90 minutes. With an external charging device charging time is about 10-20 minutes less. That's not very much, but it can always charge two batteries at the same time.
Cleaning & Maintenance:
The zirconia pearl, vapor path and mouthpiece are easy to remove and clean. The pearl can be cleaned with an alcohol wipe. Vapor path and the mouthpiece can be briefly put into some isopropyl alcohol. Rinse with clear water and allow to dry before recombining. The included pipe cleaners are ideal for quick cleaning of the vapor path
Apart from the size, the pearl has been improved the most with the new Davinci Miqro. The bead works well and can reduce the chamber size by about half. We like to start with the pearl in one place, and when the herbs are almost completely pervaded, they can be re-circulated and the pearl turned out a bit to evaporate the last of the herbs.
DAVINCI offers the MIQRO herb vaporizer in two different versions. You can choose between the Basic Kit and the Explorer's Collection. We have prepared a summary for you, what is included in the respective version.
|Basic Kit||Explorer's Collection|
|Price||149 Euro||199 Euro|
|10mm extended mouthpiece||X||X|
|Replacement parts for the pearl||-||X|
The DAVINCI MIQRO is a new and improved smaller version of the Davinci IQ2. The best aspects of the IQ are included in the MIQRO, but tailored to microdosing. If you are looking for a very small and reliable vaporizer and battery life is not a hurdle, you should definitely take a look at the MIQRO. With the Smart Path & amp; Precision control technology, the vapor experience can be adapted to your own preferences. The company has a 5-year warranty, which shows that DAVINCI has trust and tested their newest device extensively. Since the device is so small, it is not best for large quantities of herbs. Therefore, it is aimed more at people who want to consume small amounts very discreetly. This job does the MIQRO excellent. Your lifestyle and consumption habits are the best guidelines you should follow when buying a vaporizer. So think about what's important to you before making a purchase.